The different visas for Hong Kong

Depending on the nationality as well as the reason of stay, expatriates need a visa to work, live, visit, study in Hong Kong. The good news is that compared to other countries, the application procedure is simple and the requirements are not too rigorous either. In this article, we will tell you about the different applications you can make.

The visitor and dependent visa

Still called the tourist visa, it allows citizens of other countries to visit Hong Kong for a fairly limited time. There is a website here that you can go to for information in addition to what this article offers. The objective is to make it easier for you to understand. The period of validity of the visit visa depends on the nationality of the applicant, it can be fourteen or thirty days. Sometimes it can also be ninety days. The application is made at the Chinese embassy. There is also a visa for dependents which allows the applicant to apply for his or her spouse. This application is also valid for children under the age of eighteen. This type of visa can be done for those who have become permanent residents in Hong Kong. To do so, you must bring the documents that justify the relationship you have with the beneficiary. You also need to be able to provide accommodation and financial support for that person.

The work visa

There are several visa options available for you to work in Hong Kong. Among them, firstly, there is the General Labor Policy visa. This is the ideal visa for experienced expats who plan to work in the city. There is no limit to the number of general work permits. There is also no sector where obtaining a work permit is prohibited. It is an easy document to obtain, the person concerned just needs to prove that he/she has the exceptional and rare skills that the company will need. In addition, you need a promise of employment from the person who wishes to employ you. On top of that, you need a sponsoring employer to have a better chance of getting the permit.

A working vacation visa

It is a program that allows the foreigner whose age varies between eighteen and thirty years to work for one year in Hong Kong. Indeed, for each country, there is a limit on the number of visas to be issued per year. With this permit, you can only work temporarily. In some cases, you will have to change employers after a few months of work. Depending on your nationality, the duration of the change can be three, six or twelve months. Some nationalities have the possibility to study while working. However, the courses and duration vary from person to person depending on their country of origin. In order to obtain a working vacation visa, you must prove that you have the necessary funds to support yourself. The best thing to do is to add a round-trip airplane ticket to your application. In addition to all this, you must also add your valid health insurance, which is a guarantee for the government of the country. 

Here are the different visas you can apply for Hong Kong depending on your goals.

Automated trading: top X crypto trading robots to choose from in 2023

In recent years, trading has enjoyed indisputable popularity with investors around the world. This is explained by the many advantages that accompany the interest in this field. Nevertheless, it should be noted that the cryptocurrency market is not sleeping. To take advantage of this, traders need t... Read

Online casino: What are the most popular games?

Online casinos are quite popular nowadays. Unlike traditional casinos, online casinos are highly appreciated by players due to their various advantages. With these online casinos, players have the possibility to play anytime, and anywhere they want as long as they have a stable internet connection.... Read

Why opt for low-calorie cider ?

Cider is a popular alcoholic drink in many countries, especially in Europe. However, there are now low-calorie versions of cider that are becoming increasingly popular. In this article, we’ll look at what makes low-calorie cider a better option for those looking to reduce their calorie intake. Low c... Read

Which fire extinguisher holder to use

Fire extinguishers are a crucial part of any fire safety system. However, they are only useful if they are well maintained and easy to find in an emergency. One of the most important elements related to the use of a fire extinguisher is the support on which it rests. In this article, we’ll look at t... Read

What is the importance of the new Visitax in Cancun?

You might have heard about the new tourism tax that recently entered into force in Cancun; as well as in many other regions in Mexico. Actually, Cancun is famous for its magnificent places. It also has great potential for businessmen and women, and that is exactly why people love going there. But, i... Read

What are the benefits of marketing automation ?

Marketing automation in business is an indispensable option for any successful company. It allows the company to build loyalty with its customers through workflow. If you are looking for marketing strategies to boost your customer portfolio and increase your turnover, marketing automation is the ide... Read

Top 3 things to do in Strasbourg

Strasbourg is a must-see destination in eastern France that attracts a large number of tourists every year. This beautiful European capital, with its half-timbered houses, museums, majestic cathedral and historic center, certainly has a lot to offer. What are the top 3 things to do in Strasbourg? Vi... Read

Why have a driver's license?

There are several things that one can never do without nowadays, at the risk of not having a place in society. These are the main duties that one must necessarily comply with. One of these things is what this article is about. It is the driver’s license. It is an important formality to fulfill... Read